December 24, 2009

Why I Love Hong Kong & Why You're Stupid Not To


Hello! Wah can see pores. Anyway....

You know how the Malaysian government has this program for foreigners called 'Malaysia My Second Home' or something like that? I want Hong Kong to be my second home!! =.= Many people do not get my constant obsession with this place, and so I shall tell you what I love about it.

#1 MILK TEA zomg MILK TEA blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

Whoever invented Hong Kong milk tea must be a geniuz. I drink this beverage at every cafe I go to. Warm (the best on a cold winter night), thick, and strong, with the milky taste still lingering on your tongue after drinking it. Oh, awzum. Compared to this, teh tarik tastes like polluted drain water =.=



#2 Alice in Wonderland!

Because everyone has a favourite Disney princess, I told myself whichever princess I take a picture with first will be my favourite. Alice isn't really a Princess =.= but oh well. All girls are princesses in Disneyland *daydreams away lol

The real #2 is actually Disneyland, where all Disney dreams come alive hahaha.


It's been a childhood dream to go to Disneyland ok. I had a deal with my mother in Standard 4. The scenario was something like this:

Mummy, if I get top 3 in class you bring me go disneyland ok!
Ok! (aiyah she cannot get one lah lol ) 3 months later...

mrgreenmrgreenmrgreen MUMMY I GOT 2ND PLACE IN CLASS!! DISNEYLAND!!
Err, rolleyes lets go Korea darling, I promise you more fun than Disneyland.


... and that's how I got conned into ditching my childhood dream for a stupid trip to Korea. evil



#3 How I can dress so eccentric and yet nobody bothers.

(because everyone dresses like that too! mrgreen)

If I were wearing hot pink tights with checkered Vans in Malaysia, people would give weird stares indicating my fashion sense has gone wrong, but in Hong Kong it's perfectly normal mrgreen It might seem abit weird, but I love tights, I just never can find a proper occasion to wear them. In Hong Kong I refused to wear jeans and I couldn't possibly wear shorts on its own, so yes. Tights :D Bought a few more there as well, way cheaper than in Malaysia.

blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com HAHAHA This onion thing just looks so appropriate now.


#4 Macau, baby!

Macau's famous landmark, the Ruins of St Paul. I am a geniuz at self shots wink Macau is one of the most romantic cities I've ever been to in my life (shut up, those who have been to Paris, London, Venice etc =.= )

Okay, 4 first. Will update soon.
Updated!
Okay I'm back! First up, Merry Christmas :) To get you in the Christmas mood, here!

Christmas decorations around Senado Square, Macau :)


Pops and I at the Venetian
I love my beanie cause very warm one.
I smile gleefully when i see everyone's ears getting frozen up and mine is still warm hehehe. lol


This is to all Boys Before/Over Flowers fanzo's!
The very stall Jandi and Jihoo ate eggtarts at! *smug* smile



Grand Lisboa in all its splendour (:


#5 SHOPPING! (Rachel & Klothie starts nodding heads frantically)



Okay, I haven't got much photos to illustrate all the shopping I did, because I was too busy shopping to bother taking pictures lah! This trip also opened my eyes and let me see how much more crazy my mother is compared to me. Now I know where I get my shopaholic genes from =.=

Anyway, I am an avid reader of sweatlee.com and all of you should read her too, seriously hahaha. Like how everyone has a favourite famous blogger, I would say she's my favourite. So, she studied in Hong Kong for awhile and talked about the best mall in the world so I took her advice and went to the best mall in the world AND OMG IT WAS SERIOUSLY THE BEST MALL IN THE WORLD O.O Perhaps not for everyone, but for me omg super fun. Okay lah, it's Argyle Center in Mongkok.


#6 Winter

To illustrate how cold it was, there. A picture of the HK citizens wearing the stupid jacket which makes you look like FAT BEEF INTESTINES whaddabum. And WHO SAID IT WASN'T COLD? *cough*rachelgan*cough* Okay lah, cannot blame her because so happened the week I decided to go, the weather decided to turn a whole lot colder. It was 8 degrees in Macau =____= and I was wearing a thin jacket and shorts with tights.

Nevertheless, I choose 8 degrees anytime over Malaysia's weather.


#7 MTR

I quote Shuzie 'The train OMG THE TRAIN!!!'
She loves the train (: and so do I.
I especially love overcrowded subways and trains during peak hours, just gives me the whole Hong Kong vibe.


#8 Food!!


Once again whaddabum I was too engrossed with eating the food until I forgot to snap pictures of it LOL but the yaucharkwai was awzum can die. So was the congee, dimsum, pork chop bun @ Macau, claypot rice and all the small titbits.


Have you fallen in love with Hong Kong yet? (:

0 comments: