March 20, 2009

Read and die.

For that time of my life, I hated it.
I hated that thing in me.
I hated, everything.

I used to wake up every night, with perspiration on my forehead.
The beads of sweat wouldn't trickle down though.
They would lie still, not moving.
As if time had stopped.

In fact, now I know.
That night, time did not stop.
It was merely me, lying so still. Afraid.
Afraid of what was becoming of me.
How foolish, when I think about it now.

I know more things now. A lot more.
Though sometimes I still feel soulless, empty.
Lonely.

We were born that way.
We were not given any choice.
Some who tried to defy themselves, either lost control of themselves or lost the will to live.
Some who trapped themselves with the emotion called love, were sentenced to the Lair.
I know, because I've seen.

We did only one thing, one job.

And one more thing.
We were hidden.
Unknown.
In the shadows.

0 comments: